Saturday, July 2, 2011

Grimes Fairy Tales - #97

I heard about this book from many sources. I was was very excited about reading this book. After several chapters in, I found that I didn't really like this book. I knew that they were more gloomy fairy tales than what we are use to. That didn't matter. What i didn't like was how abrutely the story would just stop and they would say "to this day we don't know where they are, they could be dead". I just felt it was lazy to end it that way. Also many of the stories were the same but with just some small differences, so i felt like i was wasting my time.

Now I am off to read "Crime and Punishment". I gave a friend of min a copy of it and she said it was so hard to get through the book. She often felt like she didn't know what was going on or when she did it was boring. I'll let you know how i like it.

1 comment:

  1. I think *Grimms* Fairy Tales are kinda genius in their own way. If they weren't, why would most of the fairy tales we grew up with's origins be from the Grimms? and If you read in the beginning of the book, they didn't make up most of the stories, they collected and translated them from people around the world (some being the same with small differences). So it really wasn't lazy because maybe that's all they knew of the story.
    Have fun reading Crime and Punishment, Mom ;)

    ReplyDelete