Thursday, July 8, 2010

Number 100 - Charles Dickens' David Copperfield

Today I received my first book to read. It is Charles Dickens' David Copperfield. I never really knew what this book was about, but after reading the summary of the book, I am very excited. It sounds like my kind of book. In the beginning I was going to tackle Newsweeks top 100 books. I had order the first book before I changed the list I was to go by. That book also came in the mail today. it was Winston Churchhill's The Second World War. I have to say, I am soooo glad I changed my list. It is a huge history book....way pass my attention span. Those who tackle that list are true scholars to reading. I applaud them. Tonight chapter one begins.

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Where can i find the list?
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just finished my subscription collection to the Greatest Books of the 20th Century. I think it's 40 or 45 books that makes up this collection. I've read about a dozen of them. Reading good literature in such a wonderful manner as Easton Press published books is reading at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although, that book by Churchill would probably be pretty dang good! The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich was about 1,200 pages and it read wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The list is at: http://www.listology.com/list/easton-press-100-greatest-books-ever-written

    ReplyDelete